The Rube Goldberg Machine Contest®
BUILD your working Rube Goldberg Machine that completes this year’s task. Film it and enter the contest. All ages & FREE!
About the Contest
A Rube Goldberg Machine® is made from found or discarded household items. These contraptions come from landfill, rather than contributing to it and are essentially green machines! The Institute is proud to offer the only STEM competition in the world that requires zero cost to build and participate. Anyone, anywhere, with nothing more than a pile of junk and a great imagination can build an award-winning Rube Goldberg Machine®.
- All ages, free
- Compete as an individual or a team
- Machines can be any size, small or large
- All Machines must complete the task
- Rolling submissions, till midnight March 22, 2022
- Judged by a RGI panel of experts
- Prizes include Visa gift cards, Rube swag, trophies and showcased in social media
Learn more by downloading the Contest Rule Book.